C1 Junk-parts value only
C2 Restoration required
C3 Poor- requires major body repair: heavily scratched, major rust, missing parts, major restoration candidate
C4 Fair-scratched: moderate, paint loss, dented, missing parts, surface rust, evidence of heavy use
C5 Good- sign of play wear: with scratches and minor paint loss, small dents, minor surface rust, evidence of heavy use
C6 Very good: minor scratches and paint nicks, minor spots of surface rust, free of dents, may have minor parts replaced
C7 Excellent-all original: minute scratches and paint nicks, no rust, no missing parts, no distortion of component parts
C8 Like New-complete all original: No rust, no missing parts, may show affects of being on display and/or age, may have been run
C9 Factory New-brand new: all original, unused, may evidence factory rubs and the slightest evidence of handling, shipping and having been test run at the factory
C10 Mint-brand new: all original, unused and umblemished
All grading is done strictly. Grading is by appearance of the item, not boxes and not running ability. Not responsible for typos, errors, or omissions.
O/W = otherwise
WG = wide gauge
SG = standard gauge
pc or pcs = pieces
RP = reproduction or repaint
C = condition
GA = gauge
litho = lithographed
loco = locomotive
CI = cast iron
Additional details are included with each auction lot description.
- Include auction item numbers with payment and with any correspondence. This will help us process your request quickly.
- We have an payment form which may help your organize your purchases.
- Payment Address for Indiana auctions:
- Stout Auctions
- 529 State Road 28 East
- Williamsport IN 47993
- Payment Address for Pennsylvania auctions:
- Stout Auctions
- 2884 Mercer-West Middlesex Rd
- West Middlesex, PA 16159
- Accepted payment methods include personal check, money order and Visa/Mastercard. nternet buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
Stout Auctions website absentee bidders buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
Phone bidders buyers premium is 19%. Buyers premium is 16% if paying by check or cash.
In house, attending bidders buyers premium is 13%. Buyers premium is 10% if paying by check or cash.
- Indiana sales tax is 7%. Pennsylvania state sales tax is 6%.
- Grading was done strictly and by appearance of the item, not boxes and not running ability. We do NOT guarantee running ability of any item. Absolutely no returns are accepted on items graded C5 or lower and on items that have no grade. After 30 days we will not accept returns under any circumstances, including items that may be described differently due to new technologies or information. Stout Auctions makes a reasonable effort to represent authenticity, originality, and grade of items with maximum accuracy at the time of the sale. Payment for an auction item that is received by Stout Auctions more than 21 days after the auction date voids all rights to returns, for any reason. After 30 days, any issue with an auction item must be resolved through the consignor of the items and NOT Stout Auctions.
- Customers in Hawaii, Alaska, and foreign countries must e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your item numbers for specific shipping charges before sending payment.
- Items to be shipped together must be paid for together. Separate payments require separate full shipping charges.
- Payment must be sent within one week of the end of auction. If you wish to combine lots for shipping, please do not wait more than one week past the end of the first auction. Items not paid for promptly will be relisted.
- Stout Auctions ships with United Parcel Service (UPS) whenever possible, so buyers must provide proper delivery address (no PO Boxes). Stout Auctions uses UPS in order to track packages during shipment. Our local post office cannot track a package during shipment, and with our volume of shipping we often have to confirm the location of a package during shipment.
- Stout Auctions uses heavy duty shipping tape and new boxes/shipping material for shipment. Our standards are very high, and we have had minimal shipping damage. Even when our shipping boxes have been damaged in transit the contents are almost never damaged. Our shipping charges include these material costs, as well as the UPS shipping and insurance costs.